Passport Travel has been operating adult special interest niche tours for many years. We also organise tours for groups of teachers and friends or family. Here is an example of a current small group adult tour. The theme could also be used for students.
A most unique tour – we do not know anyone who has combined the elements of Greek Music: Greek History and Art: PLF and ANZAC history into one tour programme. Led by a master of Greek Rebetika you will absorb a Greece that is not imaged by the cliché ruins and beaches. Yes you can still include these, but our tour will open Greece up and display many other aspects of this stunning country.
• Experience over eight Live Rebetika Venues in Athens
• Museum of Greek Folk Musical Instruments
• Museum of Greek Instruments
• Intimate House Rebetika Concert
• Visit local traditional and Rebetika Instrument makers workshops
• Rebetiko Musicologists talks based in Athens
• Experience the Old Athens Plaka and Acropolis
• Piraeus and the Asia Minor Suburbs
• Museum of the History of the Greek Costume
• Nikos Hadjikyriakos-Ghika Gallery
• First Cemetery of Athens final resting place of Tsitsanis Bellou
• Athens Flea Market and local record stores
• The Acropolis and ancient Athens
• Markos Vamvakaris Museum & SURROUNDS
• Live Rebetika PERFORMANCES in Syros
• Cretan Walking tour of old city and visit to the Heraklion Historical museum
• Knossos – the Minoan city – earliest European civilisation.
• Explore high into the Cretan Mountains ANZAC and PLF HISTORY – during the battle of Crete
• Crete music shops and instrument makers